Saturday, June 26, 2010

UGHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, so today my sister came over and I had her take my before pictures...OH MY GOSH!!! I was very depressed and upset for quite some time after. I guess it's hard to SEE things laid right in front of you.
Think of when you had make up on your face for a Halloween costume, you almost forgot about the make up, cuz you can't see it on yourself...and you feel like yourself, the same, inside. But then you pass a mirror and almost "shock" yourself by what you see...well, that' s kinda how I feel. I mean, I knew my size, and I guess when you carry a baby (or 4), once you are able to see your feet again, you feel like you're back to normal. But obviously, not the case.
I had to do some real "internal prep talk" to get my spirits up knowing that this is going to get better...I start P90X tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
The next 90 days will be a challenge, not only the workouts, but the time to do them...for example, the other day I wanted to come on and blog...I tried about 4 times, it never happened. BUT, I am committed to this and if it has to be after the baby does her EARLY morning feeding, then so be it...it's only 90 days, right? I am going to make a personal goal to myself to get my workouts in everyday, even if they have to be different times of the day!
Then we had my mom's birthday dinner. I am really trying to get my whole family on board with this change and they are very responsive to it. For the meal, we had brown rice with a stirfry of Chicken, Carrots, Peppers, Onions, and Pineapple. The worst part of it was probably the soy sauce the chicken marinated in, so all and all, it was a very healthy meal, but it seemed sooooooooo good that I felt like I was cheating! I also tried a potsticker in a half...we just baked those in a pan but I have NO idea what they cost me...
The birthday cake was a sugar free angel food cake, which I know is like nothing at all, I cut it into 12 pieces and for comparison, 1/6 of a piece of it would be 1 point in Weight Watchers, I topped mine with cut up strawberries (no sugar added) and fat free RediWhip...it was delicious and if I really added up the calories/fat/carbs/sugars, it was very low, but again, I felt like I was being so bad cuz I haven't had dessert in almost 2 weeks! I also had a SMALL sliver of Mom's strawberry rhubarb pie...it was YUMMY, but I just stuck to the sliver piece...I'm sure all these extras will break my streak here...time to buckle down again!
I wanted to go for a walk, but as everyone left, the baby got really fussy (possibly my spinach at lunch?) and I had to deal with that for an hour...so now I am about to go to bed and I feel awful, but shouldn't.
Okay, enough negative vibes...I have to think positively and get ready to BRING IT tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment