Friday, June 25, 2010

I feel skinny on the inside!

It doesn't surprise me at all that when I tell Jason, family, friends, etc. that I am changing my eating and going to start working out that they kinda go "oh, good for you" and really inside think "yeah right"...because let's face it, I've been down this road before and said these things and even started, etc. But after 2 weeks of eating GOOD choices, and this last week of eating EXCELLENT, people are starting to notice that this is for real!
Yesterday we went boating, and I packed carrots and celery (with ranch and PB for kids), yogurt, gogurts for kids, and star crunches, chocolate chip granola bars, and licorice for fun snacks for the kids.
I did not have any of the bad stuff! I even opened and passed out the snacks and candy to the kids and Jason without sneeking a bite. And I didn't feel the urge to either near as bad as I thought I would.
I LOVE stepping on the scale to see what these choices are doing for me...so far 7 lbs. 1 more pound and I move into the next level down for weight! YEAH! I have exactly 20 lbs to go to my goal.
I also went tubing yesterday and thought "hmmm, wonder how sore I will be tomorrow"...NONE, which makes me wonder, "am I in better fitness shape than I thought or did I not go long enough to feel it in myarms?" At any rate, I did it for fun and not for anything else and it was a great time!
I am in the process of getting the forms for P90X printed to log my progress, and reading the manual they send to read before starting...my first official start date to work out is Sunday...looking forward to it!
So with these goals and with the progress so far, I told a friend yesterday that "I feel skinny inside" I may not be on the outside yet, but there is NO DOUBT in my mind that day is coming...and I am so excited! Eating right makes me feel inside how we should feel...no more "full gut rot" feelings for me. Although the cheese curds that passed our table yesterday smelled delicious, I could also remember the feel that grease sitting in my stomach and the "yum" turned to "yuk" real fast.
What makes me most happy this week...A friend told me she was inspired by me and ordered P90X, and my sister has began making better choices and has lost 5 lbs...she is going to be trying my higher protein, less carb eating plan and get this great feeling of accomplishment, and I'm VERY proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment