I am happy to announce that I have really done better than I thought I could considering the events of the weekend.
On Saturday, we had our family reunion. Lots and lots of pastas, snacks, desserts, dips, etc. I knew this going to the park, so I stopped and picked up Cottage Cheese and Carrots. I had a lot of fruit and vegetables, cottage cheese, salad, and a hamburger without the bun. To satisfy the want for the dessert table, I had a bite of Jason's bar and a very very small piece of chocoalte/nut cluster.
After the reunion, I had some family members come to the house (or Jason did anyways)! I prepared brats, a noodle salad, baked beans, chips, vegetable pizza, etc. BUT, as I was doing that, I had my baked fish from the night before and a carrot and yogurt. Then when the meal was ready, I had a little piece of the veggie pizza and took a two bites of a brat and realized I was already full. So it wasn't the best behavior, but it was better than it was set out to be for the meal!
We camped in our backyard and I brought some veggies and yogurt for me, the kids brought stuff for smores and cookies, licorice, etc. I didn't have any of the bad stuff that night...but, Sunday morning, I woke up after many interruptions in the night and had to wait for the baby to wake up, so I snuck 2 cookies...immediately I felt guilty...what was I doing? It was too late, and I'm glad I did it though, because it made me realize I didn't need that, and they weren't even "good" so now I know I can live without them no problem!
That night I was playing cards with the kids and they brought the snacks out. I thought, "red vines are fat free, let me look at what's in them..." OH MY GOODNESS! 4 red vines are 160 calories, 34 g of carbs, and 23 g of sugar...no thank you! The cookies were just as bad...my children are going to slowly be going away from this food, they just don't know it yet!
SOOOOOOOO, some good choices, some not too bad, some not too good, but overall, it was still 100% better than it would have been before my committment.
And the good news................I lost 5 pounds since making my committment. Cutting the candy, carbs, and junk food made a world of difference! I can't wait to see what happens once I start the workouts, my DVD's should be here today or tomorrow~Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment