Sunday, June 27, 2010

DAY 1 of P90X

Good news and bad news...bad news first, I stepped on the scale this morning and was up a pound...not too surprising considering the extras yesterday that I normally wouldn't have. I can't let it get to me, it's normal to go up and down a few pounds...I need to get over it.
Good news..........P90X day 1 is complete. 3 of the 4 kids were at Grandmas which made it possible for me to do this uninterrupted...I can see that I will be doing these exercises mid-morning when Julia goes down for her first nap...by that time I have breakfast all done for the kids and I can send them outside to play or let them watch TV upstairs (I'm sure that will break their hearts) when they don't have summer school.
The word of the day is MODIFICATION! There is NO way I would be able to make it through all the exercises the way they are doing them. BUT, I did try to not stop (no gonna lie, I stopped a few times) but then tried another version of it to at least keep moving.
I think I need to push a little harder, I did good for my first workout in a LONG time, but I need to be more self disciplined. I could not do the decline push ups AT ALL, no way, no how...so I did the regular girly knee ones! ha ha ha.
I have to say this about the workout (today was Chest and Back and then Ab Ripper)...Tony is GREAT! He reminds you of when to inhale and exhale, and he also says "don't do it this way..." and wow, I was doing it wrong, thanks Tony! You actually stop for water breaks to keep dehydrated. The hour long C&B went a lot faster than I thought it would. I did not get my chin up bar assembled so I did the bands like the one guy, which to be honest, is probably a good way for me to start until I build up some muscle. Lots of new goals to set.
When I was ready for the Ab Ripper disc, I thought, "crap, another hour?" But I was pleasantly surprised to see it was only 15 minutes and I love how it goes from one after another, very fast paced. HOWEVER, my baby carrying belly has NO ab muscle and the first few I did fine, actually impressed with myself, although when we reversed the bicycle, I was slightly uncoordinated and needed to get back in the groove! But after the first few, we got to the ones you lay on your back and bring yourself up...ha ha ha...no chance in hell yet for me. I leaned back to keep the tension on my abs and will just have to get stronger to be able to them the correct way.
Moral of the story: I did it! I feel good, I have a good challenge ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment