I did it, I made it through my first week of P90X! Some days were tough, really tough...this next week my goal is to have better form now that I've been through it and have a little more idea what to expect and to keep up on the ones I wasn't. And to make it through Yoga (yawn).
Overall, this first week of P90X was kinda like taking all the successful workout genres and DVD's and just combining them into one kit. I KNOW it gets tougher as I push myself and excel more...and there is nothing wrong with my view of the set, smart guy...but I'm just saying that I could have probably taken my Yoga tape, some old Billy Blank Tae Bo, some Jillian, some Barry's Bootcamp and just alternated and I'd have a similar routine. Am I disappointed I got it, HECK NO! I think Tony is great and keeps things informative, fun and fast moving.
Best of all, I'm seeing results. I'm hoping to see some numbers drop on the scale again, been at the same place here for 3-4 days. I notice a difference in some clothes already, not that it's a HUGE difference, and not that maybe anyone else would notice, but I had this pair of capris that I could not get buttoned a month ago. I wore them this week! And I realized I forgot to take measurements on Day 1, but did take them about a month or two ago. I'll do that again tomorrow and see if there is a difference. Today I had 2 people who hadn't seen me in awhile compliment me on how good I was looking and asked what I was doing. This felt great cuz they are not on FB with me to know that I had been doing this.
But I have to say this...I HATE when people say, "you look great for having 4 kids" Or "you look really good for just having a baby"...to me that is not a compliment, it is just excusing me for the way my body looks right now...I can't wait for the day to meet someone and just hear "you look great" or "what? you have 4 kids?" Those are true compliments, ones without attachments/excuses.
I had pizza tonight...I am still trying to "balance" and not feel guilty when a meal isn't 100% healthy, but when you're really working hard, you start to take each calorie into consideration.
Okay, I need to get a shower (Kenpo X=AWESOME) and get some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's!
Oh Tammy, just take the compliment! I get the same thing and now I actually ENJOY telling people I have 4 kids! LOL! Yes, I'm THAT vain that I need to solicit the compliments! But, well, I have 4 kids and I better get some damn credit for it! LOL! You are doing great!
ReplyDelete