It was bound to happen that I had an "off" day...well, Thursday was that day. Julia had been getting up more in the night, I'm drained by morning. I did get up to workout but it was Yoga, and it was 1 1/2 hours, and I had TONS of stuff to do for work, lots of errands to run, and laundry, house, etc. to get done. I may be making excuses, but I started the tape and realized I kept thinking about getting the window to Jay, picking up the color samples, getting the bid done for Friday's meeting, etc., etc. So I ended up hitting "stop"...almost did a different one to make up for it, but didn't.
Then after all my work and errands I had to go pick up the 3 older kids at Grandma and Grandpa's cabin...and wether it be habit to eat out there (and not particularily healthy food), or that I was just craving sweets, or felt like I should have just got them and left to get my housework done, or feeling down...not sure what the reason, but I WANTED something bad...I ate 2 small cookies...150 calories! Are you serious? I was upset with myself for that. Then when I got home, Adelyn had a drumstick (ice cream) and left the cone on the table, which still had ice cream in it, and I ate it...What is going on?
I had to rethink my reasons for the changes in my food and activity. I had to try to understand why after all this time was I unable to say "no thanks" this day. And I realized I used food to comfort me, to fill a void, to try to make me feel good...and I had to get control over that again.
We can't always be perfect, and I also had to "allow" some more foods in my day that I was omitting. For instance, tonight we had burgers on the grill. I had gotten ground turkey to make mine and still left the cheese off, but I had gotten myself to think of bread as "evil carbs" and tonight I had to realize that it was OKAY to have a bun with my burger. (they were wheat anyways)...and I felt very satisfied and comfortably full, not stuffed, and not wanting to snack snack snack to get full. I think I may have found a happy medium. YEAH!
And then I did the "legs and back workout"...LOVED LOVED LOVED it! I know I will feel it tomorrow and I can't wait to get those little (okay, maybe not so little, ha ha) fat bumps under my bra gone! Hate them! At first I thought "legs? man, my thighs are going to be HUGE cuz I just got over the "ouchie" pain from Plyo a few days ago...but Tony knows what he's doing and it working many different leg muscles. I will say I kept up really well, and still used the bands for the pull ups but also used weights for things we didn't need to and tried to stay with the guy doing the little extras (curls, knee lifts, etc. during other exercises).
I retook my before pics yesterday in a new suit I hope to be able to wear by the end of summer and look like I CAN wear it...my first before pics had too much light in the room from the windows and seemed kinda "foggy" and too bright, this new group is much better for lighting, which I'm not so sure if that's necessarily a good thing as you see lots more of the "problem areas"! Not for long!
Of course my main issue is my waistline, or lack thereof. My baby belly is still looking prego and my lovehandles are ridiculous. Seriously...it's an intertube! yuk! But this last pregnancy also for the first time in my life has my thighs touching, or rubbing...that is already gotten better these last 2 months, but still needs some attention. And my back...my butt, hips, and waist look like one big circle, I about crapped myself when I saw those pictures! So, lots to do, but with each workout, I can feel my different muscles responding.
I better get to bed, I was up almost all night last night with the baby, took her to urgent care this morning and she had ear infection and very red, irritated throat...poor little girl, no wonder! So, I'm hoping after 2 doses of anitbiotics and some tylenol, we will have a pleasant evening!
Everyday is a new day! Sorry you had a rough one, but you are still doing fabulous, keep it up!
ReplyDelete