Wednesday, July 7, 2010

OUCH!

Before each workout, there is a disclaimer saying to check with your doctor, stop if you feel any discomfort, etc. I always giggle at that "stop if you feel any discomfort" really? I mean, isn't some of the discomfort part of your changes...well, yes. But not the type of discomfort I felt tonight and I know what they mean now.
I was doing Chest and Back tonight, which is basically Pull Ups and Push Ups. When I did the first few sets of Push Ups I was like, "wow, really feeling it in my lower abs, cool!" But then it was a painful feeling, like a tearing (don't worry, it wasn't a tear or near that bad by any means, just trying to describe the pain) on my left side of my lower abs. I tried to modify and do my knees, but after a couple of those, same thing. I grabbed my bands and stood or kneeled to try to "mimmick" the Push Up we were doing which was okay. I tried again in round 2 but I just couldn't do it without that pain. So I modified the Push Ups, if I can even call them Push Ups anymore after the modification! But, I kept moving and using my upper body, so I can't be upset about that.
I am 2 days behind...I missed Monday and Tuesday, to make up for it, I'm going to to Day 2 (Plyo) in the morning and do Day 3 tomorrow night. I prefer to workout in the morning, but lately it hasn't worked that way so the evenings have been okay except that I'm wired and go to bed later than I should.
So as long as I'm confessing my "naughty" workout behavior lately, I may as well let you all know I snuck a mini-resess pieces cup yesterday when at RNRToGo! Darn those candy dishes! And I had a tootsie roll later that day. I just felt like I NEEDED chocolate...and now that I think about it, the last few days I couldn't seem to get full, I ate A LOT (kept it good stuff), but still A LOT of it...SO, this is why writing things down is good...I'm guessing with the hunger, craving for chocolate, and the pain in my lower abdoment (which to be more exact was the same pains females get about once a month)...I'm going to say it would be due to the physics of a women...but I wouldn't know as I'm still nursing and have had an awesome vacation from that crap! ha ha ha!
Okay, now that I think I figured that out and confessed all my "sins" this week, I will give myself a pat on the back for a few things:
1. When we have gone out to eat, I have chosen Subway (no cheese, no oil, no fatty dressing, lots of veggies and only Ham, Turkey, or Chicken Breast).
2. If we didn't go to Subway, I chose a salad with low-fat or FF dressing, and only used 1/2 or less of it anyhow.
3. Was at the Northern WI State Fair today and it smelled DELICIOUS, and people walked by my stand with Gyros, Cheese Curds, Funnel Cakes, Mini Donuts, Cheese Fries, Corn Dogs, Cheesecake on a Stick, (you get the picture)...and I didn't buy ANYTHING, I had $, I walked around and passed it all...but I did EXCELLENT.
Now, in saying that, I will allow myself 1 treat this week at the fair. I'm not sure if it will be a Gyro or Ice Cream. But I will stay away from the fried stuff for sure. I'm just letting you all know now so you don't think I lost it, I'm choosing that.

Okay, I'm going to go read so I can wind down and get some sleep...early day with Plyo.

1 comment: